Let's talk belt bags. It's a trend coming back around for another spin, much like trends do. But this one is special to me because it blends two key accessories and brings with it past and present details. It's sort of like a fanny pack, but a little more stable, and little less embarrassing. The belt bag holds a place in high fashion and is starting to peek into activewear which makes me love this versatile style even more. Here are some of my favorites on the market right now. Each picture is linked.
I recently whispered to my husband that maybe I should get a fanny pack for when we walk our two dogs and have our baby in the stroller. Someone always needs something (treats, poop bags, baby crackers) and how nice would it be to not reach further than my hips to accommodate everyone? Well, i'm ready to take my whisper to a much louder octave and say, YES PEOPLE. Yes to belt bags.
It's been super hot in the Bay Area so I can't exactly break out my sweaters and scarves and be good to go like I would if we still lived in New England. Fall is a just a little warmer this year. However, I won't for one second complain about where we live, so adapt I will. I recently popped into Tootsies Boutique in Alameda for some local inspo and found the perfect 90 degree day outfit (lol) to bring our son to Speer Family Farms Pumpkin Patch in Alameda Point.
This Pleione Scallop Hem Cardigan was the perfect Olive color and style for a hot Fall day. Also these super cute Lucky Brand booties are the most comfortable, and pair with almost everything making them them the perfect Fall color. Tootsies has multiple locations around the Bay area and they will literally Uber-deliver your order if you need it ASAP. Love that local vibe. Yas please. #shoplocal
Accessories complete me. Well, there are other things too, but there is just nothing like a good accessory to tie an outfit together or set the stage for making your day easier. By this I mean, I have 2 dogs, 1 baby, and 1 husband, I need things to carry things and do things and I need a lot of them. Bags aside, sometimes it's just easy to throw on simple jeans and a T and a fun accessory and boom I look halfway put together after one of those up-all-night-my-baby-is-teething situations. Here is my 2018 round up of my favorite picks for Fall.
1. TARGET // Rowan Cognac Backpack // This color is my favorite for Fall, it's versatile, goes with most and is a sleek silhouette. Also, under $35. Who can argue with that.
2. THE NORTH FACE // BTTFB Backpack // This color is just as fresh and clean as the exterior and interior design. This backpack is a bit more pricey but it's worth it for the laptop sleeve, unisex look, and compartments for all my stuff and things. I'd commute all day with this bag. Joking, But I do love this style.
3. ATHLETA // Caraa Weekender Bag // I love the puff situation of this material and the shoulder strap. I often have my son's diaper bag on my back, so this shape is best for my personal things. Which actually end up being everybody's things. Mom life.
4. ATHLETA // Techno Run Cap // Style this up or down, wear it running or pair it with a cream sweater, skinny jeans, and high boots. Good or bad hairday, this one is a W. It is reflective too, so just try not to see me I dare you.
5. NEFF // Rose 2 Beanie // Always a fav brand of mine when it comes to Knits. Love this color and contrast yarn.
6. NORDSTROM // Richer Poorer Cheetah Ankle Socks // I am dying to wear these with my new taupe ankle boots I bought (more on those later). There is just something about a sheer sock that feels very bougie and not so ... socky. I don't know, you get it. If you don't, try these and then tell me all your thoughts.
Designer. Writer. Provoker…of all things life and trend worthy.